Battery disposal can be done through your local county Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) department. Please note: a fee may be applicable for disposal of batteries. Please contact Batteries+ Bulbs or your local HHW department for more information on disposal costs.
Christmas lights are made from a variety of materials that can be recycled including: copper, plastic and glass.
Electronic waste disposal can be done through your local county Household Hazardous Waste department. Click on the link below for more information about disposing in your county.
It is dangerous to dispose of explosives in your garbage can or down sewers, and it is illegal to abandon them or pour them in gutters, storm drains, or waterways . To dispose of your explosives, contact your local fire or police department.
Properly disposing of fluorescent bulbs is necessary to keep the mercury safely contained. Disposal can be done through your local county Household Hazardous Waste department. Click on the link below for more information about disposing in your county.
Glass is a unique material that can be recycled endlessly. There are multiple glass drop off locations in Utah.
- Midvale City Park, 7720 S. Chapel St. (325 West), in the SE corner of the parking lot.
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/1RimfZRDB6LXL3x27
- 1060 W 5300 S (South Parking Lot).”
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/CM2QTUM8xupnUo2o8
- 296 E Murray Park Ave – Main Parking Lot (East of the Park Center/West of the Murray Park and Recreation office).
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/r1PRHFkLkjfWKrCEA
Main City Park
- 11000 S Redwood Rd, South Jordan, UT 84095
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/pKhLSZ2oggqmgkhX9
Daybreak, Soda Row
- 11274 Kestrel Rise Rd, South Jordan, UT 84095
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/5EqJaX2tCyPQ3hDr5
Shields Lane Park
- Jordan River Pkwy Trail, South Jordan, UT 84095
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/h3KnLUYMt9yHb4Qk8
West Valley City
Centennial Park Drop-off:
- Family Fitness Center (5415 West 3100 South) - West parking lot.
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/pAbB2wVwKWBpiAbPA
Decker Lake Drop-off:
- The Maverik Center overflow parking lot at 3025 South Decker Lake Drive, south of the west softball diamonds.
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/cAqvho25D7ZxKsLb8
Gene Fullmer Rec Center
- Gene Fullmer Recreation Center, 8125 South 2200 West.
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/bAS9ogTZTjUVnjzJA
Ron Wood Park
- Ron Wood Park, 5900 West New Bingham Highway
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/VXMpeh44dVM253uL7
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) are household products that are flammable, poisonous, reactive, and toxic to humans and the environment. HHW includes, but is not limited to, paints, cleaners, pesticides, insecticides, motor oil, antifreeze, fluorescent lightbulbs, batteries, and electronics.
Salt Lake County
Recycling your mattress can be a great way to save space in the landfill. Before recycling, please make sure the mattress is dry and free of bed bugs.
It is dangerous to dispose of prescription medications in garbage cans, down sewers, gutters, storm drains, or waterways.
Natural Ventures (SLC)
Ferrous and Non-Ferrous
Salt Lake County