Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
LEED is a government program used to push recycling for contractors on new builds or remodels. There are tax benefits involved for contractors and businesses to utilize this program. LEED uses a point and tiered system to signify the level of involvement with the program. The different levels are silver, gold and platinum.
Some of the requirements for the program are as follows:
- Buying materials from local businesses
- Recycling at least 50% of all materials
- Tracking all information to submit on a monthly basis
- This would include a spreadsheet of all the different materials collected and recycled. How much of each material and where it was taken.
There are different options available for collecting the materials:
- Having different containers for each material. This is the most cost effective way of doing it but if you don’t have the room on the job site this won’t work. It is the responsibility of the workers on the job to sort the material correctly.
- By having the service set up this way, you are able to receive recycling kick-backs from the different facilities. Such as your metal container will go to a metal recycling facility. Ace does not take a percentage of the refund, 100% of the refund goes to the customer. Ace just charges for the haul.
- If you don’t have room on your job site for multiple containers, this option will work best. This option is to just have one container on site. With this service the customer doesn’t have to worry about separating the materials on the job site. We will haul the material to a facility where they will charge to sort the materials for you. Everything is documented on paper and with pictures to show proof of services.
How Ace can help you
Ace Recycling and Disposal has a LEED specialist that takes care of all of our LEED accounts. We run the monthly reports from the facilities and manage the recycling refunds to make sure they get sent your way.
With LEED programs, everything is special ordered and we have the setup to get the job done. We set up a special waste management plan for each site which is special made for each location. All services are line-itemed and easy to read.
Call our construction department for more information on getting started or fill out the form below and someone will contact you.